Established in 2009, Lung Cancer Connection, Inc. is a non-profit organization comprised of lung cancer patients, survivors, family, friends, and medical professionals, all dedicated to providing information, education, resources, and hope about this devastating disease.
Lung Cancer Connection's Mission is to raise awareness, increase patient and family support, and advocate for greater funding for lung cancer research. We are striving for better treatment and, one day, a cure.
Lung Cancer Connection's Vision is to foster a community of action and advocacy to advance the care of lung cancer patients and their families living in the St. Louis region.
To turn our mission and vision into reality, we focus on:
- Providing support, information, and hope to the newly diagnosed and their families.
- Educating the general public, medical treatment providers, and support networks about lung cancer's devastating toll on thousands of people each year.
- Increasing funding for research and treatment, such that donation levels are comparable to those of other common cancers.
- Eliminating the stigma associated with lung cancer so that all impacted by the disease are consistently treated with dignity and respect.
- Supporting and creating awareness for legislation that advocates for lung cancer funding and treatment initiatives.
Hope is the thing with feathers ~ That perches in the soul ~
And sings the tune ~ Without the words, ~ And never stops at all.