LCC 5K Run/Walk in Forest Park
For Runners, chip timing will be done by Fleet Feet!
Please join us for Lung Cancer Connection's 5th Annual 5K Run/Walk, Saturday, November 2nd, 9:00 a.m. in Forest Park, at the Upper Muny Parking Lot.
This is LCC's biggest fundraiser of the year. Every dollar contributed goes towards financing our free programs that support St. Louis's lung cancer community and educate the public about the fight against lung cancer.
We invite you to participate in our effort to celebrate lung cancer survivorship and honor those who have lost their battle with the disease. This is a family friendly event. Adults and children of all ages are welcome.
Form a team, join a team, or participate as an individual. Runners and walkers will complete a 5K (3.1 mile) marked course through the park, although shorter options will be available. Chip timing for runners will be done by Fleet Feet!
If you can't attend the event, you can still lend your support by sponsoring a team or participant.
DATE: Saturday, Nov. 2, 2013
TIME: 7:30 a.m. -- Registration
9:00 a.m. -- Run/Walk begins!
COST: $30 -- Early registration (free T-shirt if registered by 10/28)
$35 -- Event day registration (T-shirt NOT included) **Online registration available until 11:59 p.m. Nov. 1st**
- A Memory Board will be on display for you to create loving tributes and remembrances of friends and family affected by lung cancer. We invite you to bring pictures, letters, stories, and poems -- anything that honors your loved one. Free art supplies will be available.
- DJ and Music from KLOU-Oldies 103.3!
- Awards to Top Runners in each category!
- Special prizes awarded to the Top 3 Individual Fund Raisers!
- Recognition of the Top 5 Fundraising Teams!
- Great raffle items!
- Official team photos!
- DanceJam warm up led by Kari James, director of the Kari James Dance Network!
- Free food and drinks!
If you have questions about the Run/Walk, contact the event director at 314-422-0489.